Dallas H-1B Visa Lawyer
Foreign nationals from countries across the globe seek to enter the US as temporary workers, and one of the most common routes is through an H-1B visa. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) established this visa to cover specialty and professional occupations, and there is a cap on the issuing of new statuses or visas annually. As such, you can expect that the eligibility rules are demanding, and the petition filing process is very specific.
Because the US-based employer and foreign national must coordinate efforts for the H-1B visa, it is crucial to get qualified legal help with the process. At BBA Immigration, our lawyers have years of combined experience and in-depth knowledge of the relevant laws. Please contact us to set up a consultation with a Dallas H-1B Visa lawyer who can advise you on the requirements. You may also benefit from reviewing some background information and how we can assist with specialty occupation visas.
Summary of H-1B Regulations
This class of visas is for nonimmigrants coming to the US to live and work temporarily, and it can be a path to citizenship if the holder seeks a green card while having this status. You may qualify if you work in an occupation that requires knowledge and practical experience in a specialty area. Plus:
- The individual must have a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty area, or the equivalent; and,
- The employer which is filing the petition for the H-1B visa must have proper labor certifications from US officials.
Important Facts About H-1B Visas
In addition to the eligibility requirements described above, there are a few additional points to note about these visas.
- The initial period of entry for an H-1B visa holder is 3 years, which can be extended for up to a total of 6 years.
- Spouses and unmarried children of visa holders may also qualify for nonimmigrant status.
- USCIS rules allow for portability for H-1B visas, so a person may still be authorized to work upon changing employers.
How an Attorney Helps with H-1B Visas
USCIS imposes limits on the number of visas granted annually, and the selection is accomplished via lottery. There is no room for errors, so trust our Dallas H-1B lawyers to ensure your application meets all requirements. BBA Immigration is prepared to handle:
- Creation of the official job offer for the prospective employee;
- Paperwork for both employer and prospective employee;
- Coordinating with US consulate officials for employees outside the US;
- Working out details for change of status for individuals already present in the US;
- Applications for qualifying spouses and family members; and,
- Requests for extensions of stay.
Set Up a Consultation with a Dallas H-1B Visa Attorney Today
For more information on visas for specialty occupations and professionals, please contact BBA Immigration. Our team assists US-based employers, but we are also ready to coordinate with prospective foreign nationals to streamline the application process. We are happy to schedule a consultation to discuss details. A Texas H-1B lawyer can offer personalized advice after reviewing your situation.