Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Houston Immigration Lawyers > Argentina Immigration Lawyer

Argentina Immigration Lawyer

U.S. Immigration Attorneys Providing Immigration Legal Services Between Texas and Argentina

The Argentine Republic is the eighth-largest country in the world. Of particular interest to many companies in Texas and throughout the United States is Argentina’s involvement in the oil and gas industry. According to the International Trade Association of the United States Department of Commerce, Argentina possesses the fourth-largest reserve of shale oil and the second-largest reserve of shale gas in the world. Major global exploration companies including Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, Shell and Total are present in Argentina along with local firms.

The U.S. private sector has long been involved in Argentina’s oil and gas industry, and in today’s global economy, such involvement is a two-way street. If you are a U.S.-based business looking to tap the knowledge base of Argentina’s energy sector, or if you are an Argentina national looking to immigrate to the U.S. for the purpose of employment or investment, the U.S. immigration attorneys at BBA Immigration are here for you with the skills and knowledge you need to reach your goals. Our Texas-based immigration attorneys are well-versed in helping engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs and employers in the oil and gas industry. Further, our bilingual lawyers are themselves immigrants from South America who know what it takes to come from another country to live and work in the United States. See below for examples of some of the visas we can help you with. If you are an engineering firm or work in the oil and gas sector in Texas or Argentina, contact our Argentina immigration lawyers today to discuss your immigration legal needs.

L-1 Intracompany Transferees

We help companies with offices in Argentina and the U.S. obtain visas to temporarily transfer employees from Argentina to the U.S. to work in an existing office or establish a new office. The L-1 visa is open to intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions outside the United States (L-1A) or who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge (L-1B). Whether you currently have an affiliated foreign office or plan to open one soon, we’ll help you establish the qualifications for this visa so you can get the right people in the right positions to meet your needs.

E-1 Treaty Traders

The United States has maintained a treaty of commerce and navigation with Argentina since 1854, longer than just about any other country. As a treaty trader, you can gain entry into the U.S. for two years with unlimited two-year renewals as you engage in substantial trade. So long as your principal trade is between Argentina and the United States, you can engage in other international trade as well.

E-2 Treaty Investors

As a treaty investor from Argentina, you are welcome to the United States to invest in a new or existing U.S. business. The amount of investment capital required varies according to the size of the business; we’ll help you prepare an application that demonstrates your investment is substantial and meets the requirements of the E-2 visa.

EB-2 Employees with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability

If applying for a job that requires an advanced degree or you can show exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business, you could be eligible for a green card through the employment-based, second preference immigrant visa. We know what documentation you need to provide and can help you establish that you meet the criteria for this valuable, competitive visa. On the other hand, if you can prove that your proposed work is in the national interest, you may want to consider the national interest waiver category that does not require a job offer or an employer.

EB-1A Employees With Extraordinary Ability

If you can demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim, we can help you obtain an immigrant visa and lawful permanent residence through this employment-based immigration, first preference category. We help employers petition for their workers by putting together a strong application that shows they meet the criteria for this competitive visa.

H1-B Specialty Occupations

If you work in a specialty occupation that requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and you’ve attained a bachelor’s or higher degree (or foreign equivalent) in that specific specialty, our immigration legal team can work with you to see whether you qualify for an H1-B nonimmigrant visa and a stay of up to six years or longer in the U.S.

Marriage and Family Visas

BBA Immigration helps U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents obtain visas for their fiancé(e)s or for their spouses, children, parents and siblings to live and work in the United States with a green card and lawful permanent residence. Different rules apply for citizens versus lawful permanent residents, as well as different classes of family members. We know the law and can advise you and assist you in reuniting your family here in the states.

Contact BBA Immigration Today

BBA Immigration is here to help with all your immigration legal needs. Contact our experienced Houston immigration lawyers today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn