Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Houston Immigration Lawyers > Houston Immigration Lawyer

Houston Immigration Lawyers

From our offices in Houston, Texas, BBA Immigration serves the immigration legal needs of individuals and businesses throughout the U.S. and around the world. We help individuals seeking to immigrate for family-based reasons or for permanent residence through employment (green card). Additionally, our firm provides legal services to corporations needing to employ highly qualified foreign professionals for their U.S.-based businesses. Our expertise lies in the quality of our research when it comes to preparing an employer’s worker petition or an employee’s visa application. We put in the time and effort to demonstrate the individual’s value to the company and the national interest for a successful result.

For help with professional employment in Texas’ oil and gas, energy and tech sectors, and beyond, BBA Immigration has the answers to your needs. Learn more about our main areas of practice below, and contact our experienced Houston immigration lawyers for personal assistance with your most pressing needs.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee

Through the L-1 nonimmigrant visa, a foreign company with a U.S. subsidiary, affiliate, branch or other qualifying relationship can transfer an employee to the U.S. to manage or help run an office or open a new branch. The L-1 helps ensure your U.S. offices are set up and staffed with people who have the know-how to run your company the way it should be run.

E-1 Treaty Trader

The E-1 visa allows a foreign national to enter the U.S. to carry on substantial international trade with foreign countries, including their principal trade between the U.S. and the individual’s home country. Specific criteria must be met regarding the country of origin and the level of trade conducted with the visa holder’s country of nationality and other countries.

E-2 Treaty Investor

A treaty investor visa welcomes an individual into the country for the purpose of starting a U.S. business or investing in an existing enterprise. We’ll help you prepare your visa application with sufficient supporting documentation that reflects your level of investment and commitment to active engagement with business operations necessary to qualify as an E-2 investor.

EB-2 National Interest Waiver

The employment-based, second preference immigrant visa for professionals with an advanced degree or exceptional ability is highly competitive and typically requires both a job offer and labor certification from an employer who has demonstrated a need for the foreign worker and the ability to cover their wages. Through a National Interest Waiver, we’ll help you prove that you are well-positioned to advance a proposed endeavor with substantial merit and national importance that justifies waiving the requirements of a job offer and labor certification.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability

The O-1 visa is a temporary work visa available to foreign nationals who have “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics” which “has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim.” It is also available to those in motion pictures and television who can demonstrate a record of “extraordinary achievement.” Most fields of artistic endeavor are included in USCIS′s broad interpretation of the statute. We help employers and U.S. agents petition for the artist’s O-1 visa and also seek O-2 visas for assistants who are integral to the performance to accompany the artist to the United States.


Through the EB-1A, individuals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics can self-petition for immigration to the U.S. for themselves, their spouses, and minor children. We’ll help prepare the petition that convincingly shows you meet the stated criteria for demonstrating extraordinary ability as defined under U.S. immigration law.


The TN visa allows Mexican and Canadian nationals to temporarily work in the U.S., provided they meet certain requirements and are employed in a NAFTA-approved professional occupation. With annual renewals, visa holders can remain in the U.S. for the long term, accompanied by spouses and children who are authorized to attend school and study in the U.S. as well.


This nonimmigrant classification applies to people who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability. There is an annual limit to the number of visas issued, and applications typically exceed the cap by a ratio of about four-to-one. Our immigration legal team helps you through the process of filing the required Labor Condition Application and submitting a petition that clearly demonstrates the visa applicant meets the eligibility criteria for the H-1B.

PERM Labor Certifications

For EB-2 and EB-3 visas (except for applicants granted a national interest waiver), USCIS first requires the employer to obtain labor certification from the Department of Labor, certifying they have tested the labor market and cannot find qualified, willing and available domestic employees to meet their needs. Employers must further certify that hiring immigrant workers won’t adversely affect American workers. We help employers through the process of obtaining PERM labor certifications as a prerequisite to filing their petitions for immigrant workers to obtain EB-2 or EB-3 visas.

Marriage and Family

Most of the immigration to the U.S. is marriage and family-based, despite the many preferences and quotas that can spell a long wait before families can be fully reunited. Our immigration law firm assists with fiancé(e) visas and helps both U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents sponsor their spouses, children, parents and siblings for immigration, including lawful permanent residence (green card) and a pathway to citizenship through naturalization.

Contact BBA Immigration Today

For all your U.S. immigration legal needs throughout the state of Texas, BBA Immigration has the knowledge, skills, expertise and dedication to help you succeed. Contact our experienced Houston immigration lawyers today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn