Chile Immigration Lawyer
U.S. Immigration Attorneys Connecting Texas Mining and Engineering Firms With Professional Expertise From Chile
The Republic of Chile maintains a high-income economy and is a leader in Latin America in terms of competitiveness, economic freedom and other factors. Chile is also a global leader when it comes to the mining industry. Chile is the leading copper mining country in the world, producing a third of the world’s copper and home to the largest copper mine in the world. Copper mining makes up 20% of Chile’s GDP and 60% of the country’s exports. Chile is also the world’s second-largest producer of lithium, a key component of battery manufacturing for electric vehicles and electric power grids drawing power from intermittent renewables such as solar or wind.
These technologies will continue to play an expanding role in the world economy, and Chile will continue to be a world leader when it comes to the knowledge and talent that goes into mining and engineering with these precious commodities. It’s no wonder that Chilean nationals are sought after for their skills and knowledge base, including at U.S. companies in Texas and nationwide. If you are an American company looking to hire professionals and skilled laborers from Chile, or if you are a national of Chile exploring economic opportunities in the U.S. as an entrepreneur, investor, scientist or engineer, the immigration attorneys at BBA Immigration are here to offer you the advice and technical assistance you need to make your dreams become a reality. Our bilingual law firm is staffed with lawyers who emigrated from South America and now make their home in Texas. We know the immigration legal process from firsthand experience as well as years of practicing U.S. immigration law. Call our Chile immigration lawyers today to discuss your needs and goals.
Help With the Full Range of Business and Employment-Based Immigration for Chile Nationals
BBA Immigration maintains a full-service immigration law practice helping American businesses and foreign nationals with all of their business-based and employment-based immigration legal needs. Call on our experienced Houston immigration attorneys for help with any of the following visas, among others:
- L-1 – Chilean companies can use this visa to temporarily transfer workers from Chile to their affiliated offices or subsidiaries in the U.S. or to open a new American branch or office.
- E-1 – The U.S. has maintained a treaty of commerce and navigation with the Republic of Chile since 2004, enabling Chilean nationals to immigrate to the U.S. for the purpose of engaging in substantial trade between the two countries as well as international trade with other countries.
- E-2 – The E-2 visa allows nationals of Chile to enter the U.S. for the purpose of investing in an American business or developing a new U.S. business. Our experienced treaty investor lawyers can help you understand the requirements for this visa and demonstrate to USCIS how your investment meets the criteria for a substantial investment sufficient to qualify for an E-2 nonimmigrant visa.
- EB-2 – We help Chilean nationals with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities self-petition for immigration to the United States without first having a job offer or labor certification by demonstrating that it would be in the national interest to waive these requirements. We take the time to demonstrate your qualifications for the employment-based, second preference immigrant visa classification as well as the National Interest Waiver if appropriate.
- EB-1A – If your professional achievements have marked you as a person of extraordinary ability in business or the sciences, you could be eligible for an immigrant visa and green card in the employment-based, first preference classification. Our experienced immigration lawyers know what questions to ask and conduct our own independent research to put together a strong petition demonstrating your value and qualification for this competitive visa.
- H1-B – If your education, training or experience in the Chilean mining industry enables you to perform services in a specialty occupation requiring the application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, we can help you or your U.S. employer petition for this nonimmigrant visa.
Additionally, our Texas immigration law firm provides assistance with the full range of marriage and family-based visas, including fiancé(e) visas, petitions for alien relatives, and more. Whether you are a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, we can help you bring over your future or current spouse from Chile, your children, and in some cases parents and siblings as well, who can acquire green cards and status as lawful permanent residents of the U.S., which also provides a pathway to citizenship if desired.
Contact BBA Immigration Today
If you are a national of Chile seeking to immigrate to Texas or elsewhere in the United States, or if you are a U.S. employer looking to hire talented scientists, engineers, or other skilled workers from Chile, BBA Immigration can help you achieve your goals. Call our experienced Houston immigration lawyers today.