Midland L-1 Visa Lawyer
Businesses with subsidiaries in both the United States and foreign nations face unique challenges when it comes to transferring workers. Immigration policies are complex and procedures for obtaining employee visas are time-consuming. To avoid legal entanglements that could result in lengthy delays, get BBA Immigration on your side.
Our Midland L-1 Visa lawyers have decades of combined experience guiding companies in obtaining L-1 visas, which allow foreign workers to transfer to the U.S. To find out more about the process, contact BBA Immigration to schedule a consultation today.
We Have Extensive Experience Helping Employers Obtain L-1 Visas
U.S. companies affiliated with those in other nations often need to transfer foreign workers to their offices. At BBA Immigration, we can assist you in obtaining an L-1 visa, which allows intracompany transfer of managers or executives. Our Midland L-1 immigration lawyers excel at finding creative solutions to even the most complicated situations. Efforts we make on your behalf include:
- Thoroughly reviewing the circumstances surrounding the situation;
- Advising you on U.S. immigration laws that apply;
- Helping you meet L-1 visa requirements;
- Overseeing the visa approval process;
- Representing you in dealings with immigration officials;
- Advising you on additional measures required once an L-1 visa is obtained.
What Is An L-1 Visa?
The L-1 visa authorizes foreign nationals who work for or with U.S. companies to come to the United States. There are two categories of L-1 visas available:
- An L-1A visa, which is valid for seven years, allows travel for intracompany workers who have specialized knowledge or hold managerial positions.
- An L-1B visa, valid for five years, is designed for transferees who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge.
In either situation, the employee must have been with the company for at least one year prior and the company itself must have a physical office in the United States. Unlike some other types of temporary visas, there is no limit on the amount of L-1 visas available.
L-1 Visa Requirements And Application Process
At BBA Immigration, our Midland L-1 immigration lawyers can guide you through the process of applying for an L-1 visa, helping to ensure you meet all the requirements. These include:
- Completing and submitting Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker;
- Provide supporting documents for your business, such as a business plan, organizational charts, and financial statements;
- Providing information about the employee, including position with the company, specialized skills, and advanced degrees.
Once you receive confirmation that your application is accepted, a biometrics appointment is scheduled to obtain fingerprints and photos for a background check. An immigration interview will also be scheduled, to determine more about the candidate and the reasons for requesting an L-1 visa.
Contact Our Midland L-1 Immigration Lawyers Today
To find out more about the L-1 visa application process, reach out to BBA Immigration. You can count on our Midland L-1 immigration lawyers to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in even the most complex cases. To request a consultation, call or contact our office online today.