Dallas O-1 Visa Lawyer
There are numerous nonimmigrant visas that the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has established for foreign nationals who want to come to the country as a temporary worker. The O-1 visa category is reserved for those with extraordinary abilities or achievements, which have been demonstrated by widespread acclaim. This seems like a broad definition that would qualify many individuals for the O-1 visa, but the eligibility rules are quite complicated.
Individuals with exceptional knowledge and abilities in designated subject areas will usually meet the relevant criteria, but the process for applying for an O-1 visa is challenging. You can trust our team at BBA Immigration to handle essential legal tasks, both in dealings with US officials and those in the home country. Our firm focuses on visas and immigration matters, so please contact us to schedule a consultation with a Dallas O-1 Visa lawyer. You can also read on for some important information about the laws.
USCIS Laws on O-1 Visas
The rules create two separate subcategories for individuals:
- O-1A is for applicants who have extraordinary ability in the areas of science, education, business, sports, or the arts.
- Individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary achievement in film or TV, and have received accolades for their efforts, may qualify for the O-1B visa.
A person who acts as the agent of an O-1 artist or athlete can obtain an O-2 visa, while spouses and children of O-1 or O-2 visa holders may qualify for an O-3 visa.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
Immigration laws go into great detail on what is extraordinary ability, so you should be aware of how USCIS evaluates individual applicants.
- To meet the requirements in science, education, business, or sports, a person must be among the small percentage of individuals at the top in terms of expertise.
- With respect to the arts, extraordinary means skill, recognition, and distinction. The applicant must be famous and a recognized leader.
- An O-1 visa for actors in film and TV need to demonstrate that their talents are outstanding, notable, and recognized as extraordinary.
Guidance with O-1 Applications
The process for obtaining an O-1 visa is unique because of what USCIS requires as proof of extraordinary abilities or achievements. BBA Immigration will gather evidence related to:
- Awards, prizes, or honors recognizing exceptional skills;
- Articles, studies, and publications;
- Roles as a leading or supporting actor in motion pictures and television; and,
- Information on salary and financial compensation for work in the relevant fields.
Our Dallas O-1 lawyers will file for the O-1 visa, which is submitted on behalf of the employer. We will coordinate all supporting documentation, including a written advisory opinion and itinerary for the O-1 visa holders to stay in the US.
Count on a Dallas O-1 Visa Attorney to Assist with the Process
If you believe you qualify for an O-1 visa and want to get started with the application process, please contact BBA Immigration. We can set up a consultation to review your circumstances and discuss specific eligibility criteria. After learning more about your situation, a Texas O-1 lawyer can advise you on next steps.