Midland E-2 Visa Lawyer
At BBA Immigration, we help clients in obtaining E-2 visas. This is a nonimmigrant visa category, granted to citizens of countries who have international trade and navigational agreements with the U.S. The purpose of the E-2 visa is to encourage investments in American businesses. Once you have an E-2 visa, it can be extended indefinitely and you may bring your spouse and children with you.
Unfortunately, the process for obtaining an E-2 Treaty Investor visa is complex and meeting all the requirements can pose significant challenges. For help in completing the application process and getting it approved in the most efficient manner possible, get our Midland E-2 Visa lawyers on your side.
You Can Count On Our Experience To Help In Obtaining An E-2 Visa
Immigration processes are generally complex. Policies change rapidly and all the rules and requirements are difficult to follow. This is particularly true when applying for an E-2 Treaty investor visa.
At BBA Immigration, we have decades of combined experience handling these cases. You can count on our Midland E-2 immigration lawyers to provide the trusted legal guidance you need. We act as a strong legal ally on your side, taking the necessary actions on your behalf:
- Conducting a thorough review of your situation to determine eligibility for the E-1 investor visa;
- Advising you on the documents required by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS);
- Guiding you in completing and submitting your application;
- Acting as a liaison, helping to resolve any issues that arise in your case;
- Assisting you in other immigration-related matters, such as extending your time in the U.S. and obtaining visas for family members.
E-2 Visa Requirements
An E-2 visa is available to citizens of foreign countries who have trade treaties with the United States. It authorizes you to come to this country for a period of five years for the purpose of investing substantial amounts in U.S.-based businesses. Once you near the five year expiration period, you can request two year extensions indefinitely.
In order to obtain a visa under the E-2 classification, you must meet the following USCIS requirements:
- Provide proof of substantial past, present, or future investments;
- Provide proof that you invested in a bone fide U.S. business or enterprise;
- Be requesting a visa for the sole purpose of making investments, as evidenced by at least half ownership, operational control, or holding of a managerial position at the business you are investing in.
- Show that funds you are investing have not been obtained through any criminal activity.
For purposes of obtaining an E-2 visa, ‘substantial investments’ are considered those that are significant compared to the overall value of the business and ensure the investors financial commitment to successful operations.
Our Midland E-2 Immigration Lawyers Are Here To Help
At BBA Immigration, our Midland E-2 immigration lawyers guide you through the complex process of filing an application, collecting required documents, and getting your visa approved. Call or contact us online to request a consultation.